If you have any questions that are not included in the list below, Kennedy has the answers.
Contact Kennedy Bozek, Tournament Assistant at email@example.com or by phone at 587-293-4658.
Q: When will 2018 Volunteer Registration open?
A: It's open Register now here
Q: When is the volunteer orientation?
A: The 2018 Volunteer Orientation date is on Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018, and reach out to your chair for your specific orientation time!
Note: Walking Scorers and Sponsor Hospitality committees' orientation is on Saturday, Aug. 25, 2018.
Q: What is the volunteer uniform this year?
A: Levelwear is the Official Apparel Provider of the 2018 Shaw Charity Classic. Please see below for a mock-up of the 2018 uniform!
Q: Is there a minimum age for volunteers?
A: The minimum age for volunteers is fourteen.
Q: If I purchased tickets and then became a volunteer can I refund my tickets?
A: No. Unfortunately, all ticket sales are final.
Q: How many shifts will I be scheduled for during the tournament?
A: It will vary depending on the committee you are assigned, however each volunteer is required to work a minimum of three shifts, with each shift ranging from four to six hours. Some shifts may be longer due to the nature of the committee. You are highly recommended to be available for a Pro-Am tournament day (Wednesday or Thursday) as these are great training days, especially for first time volunteers.
Q: Can I be scheduled (shift assignments) at the same time as my spouse, friend, etc.?
A: We will make every effort to accommodate your scheduling requests. Make sure to list your request in the â€œCommentsâ€ section on the registration form, and select similar availability to the person you wish to work with during the tournament. Shift coordinating is only applicable within each committee (i.e. two people on different committees cannot be scheduled at the same times).
Q: How will I know my committee assignment?
A: Once youâ€™ve completed the online registration, you will receive an email confirmation. After you have been assigned to a committee you will receive another e-mail with the committee name. Previous Shaw Charity Classic volunteers have first choice, and new volunteers are assigned to committees on a needed basis and therefore cannot be guaranteed a position. All positions are currently full, but please register and you will be added to the wait list. You can also log-on to your account through the Shaw Charity Classic website and find your assignment there.
Q: How do I know my schedule? And when will I receive my schedule?
A: We ask you to help create your schedule by completing your availability during registration, and update it when new information arises. This section of registration will be used to create the master schedule for your committee. After committee assignments have been made, your committee chairperson will assign you shifts for the week and notify you of your schedule. Any changes or issues with your schedule will be made through the committee chair. The committee schedulesÂ are posted online.
Q: What is Volunteer Orientation?
A: At your orientation, you will pick up your volunteer package, receive general training on your duties, meet your committee chair, and have the opportunity to ask questions about the volunteer experience. This is where your uniform will be distributed.
- Even if you volunteered in previous years, attending your orientation is important to receive information about your committee, and it is also when you pick up your uniform and credentials
- Do not attend an orientation other than your own
- The Volunteer Services committee is their own committee, do not attend this orientation unless you are on the Volunteer Services committee
- You will not be able to exchange your uniform for a different size at the orientation
Q: What if I cannot attend the volunteer orientation?
A: Please make every effort to attend your sessions, however if you are unable to make it please contact your committee chair.
Q: What is included in my volunteer package?
A: The package includes:
- Official 2018 Volunteer Levelwear Golf Polo
- Official 2018 Volunteer Levelwear Golf Windbreaker
- Official 2018 Volunteer Levelwear Hat
- Volunteer credentials â€“ provides access to the grounds when volunteering, as well as when you are a spectator
- Transferable weekly guest badge for a family member or friend
- Preferred parking pass for during volunteer shifts
Q: Can I purchase extra uniform items?
A: Yes, you may purchase them in the Volunteer Centre during tournament week.
Q: Can I watch golf when I am not working?
A: Yes. Your volunteer credential will serve as your admission pass for the entire week and we encourage you to use it. We ask that you only wear your uniform when on duty, so please bring an extra shirt if you plan to spectate before or after your shift. This is for your benefit as spectators will likely stop you and ask questions when wearing your volunteer uniform.
Q: Can I take photographs or ask for autographs?
- Mobile devices may now be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout tournament week
- Keep your mobile device on silent while on the grounds
- Flash photography is not permitted
- Phone calls are only allowed in designated areas
- If you notice a spectator using their mobile device in a way which disrupts players, caddies or media â€“ please politely remind them of the mobile device policy. If they continue, please notify your committee chair
- You may ask for an autograph after the player's round, but not while they are playing. Also, please do not use your volunteer position as an advantage to get autographs
Q: Where do I park when I volunteer?
A: On days when you are working, volunteers can park at St. Mary's University. Dedicated volunteer only shuttles will transport volunteers to the course. Volunteer shuttles will run on a continuous basis beginning at 5:30am each day and end once all volunteers are off the property.
Q: Where do I park when I am not working but want to attend?
A: When you are not volunteering but coming to watch golf, you are asked to park with other spectators. Shuttles will run from Anderson LRT station to Canyon Meadows Golf & Country Club. Shuttle transportation is provided free of charge and will run on a continuous basis.
Q: What happens if it rains?
A: The event will go on and we will need your help. Make sure to report to your committee'™s check-in location prior to your shift, rain or shine.
Q: Where do I go to report to duty?
A: Your volunteer chairperson will give you specifics on where to meet.